Join us in supporting and enhancing educational opportunities in our community
- The Royal Oak Foundation for Public Education is a service-based volunteer organization serving the Royal Oak community
- We provide funding for educational programs to Royal Oak’s public schools
- Contributions are tax-deductible
After many years of awarding mini-grants to very grateful teachers, the Foundation is now seeking to focus its funding efforts on targeted initiatives. Rather than scattering funding to many smaller requests, the focus is now on identifying key initiatives that
- Have the potential for district-wide impact,
- Address specific identified needs
- Where possible, provide an opportunity to partner with other groups and organizations, thus increasing the impact of funding.
Initiatives currently being funded include the Jump Start Music Program, the Comcast Internet Essentials Program, and the District-wide PTSA Parenting Fair. Persons or organizations seeking to bring an initiative to the Foundation Board for the Board’s consideration should contact the Foundation Board President.
The Royal Oak Foundation for Public Education was pleased to be recognized by the Royal Oak School District on March 13, 2014. The School Board passed a resolution thanking the Foundation for its $60,000 donation to the Royal Oak Middle School Dondero Auditorium.
This donation will provide audio and video enhancements and improvements, making the auditorium a premier performing arts center for student and community use (Observer Eccentric News Article).